Yanacocha Trek2 days
A beautiful trek with old polylepis forest and great views.
You visit an andean lake above the Sacred Valley of the Inkas.
- Salkantay Trek 4 days
- Lares Valley Trek & Machu Picchu 4 days
- Choquekirao - Machu Picchu Trek 8 days
- Choquekirao Trek 4 days
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 days
- Yanacocha Trek 2 days
day 1: CUSCO – HUAYO KARI – YANACOCHA LAKE:
We pick you up at your hotel at 6:30 am to drive for about 1 hour to Huayo Kari in the Sacred Valley of the Inkas. Here we meet the horses and horsemen. We start walking uphill towards Yanacocha, which will take us about 4 ½ hours. During the hike we may see birds such as hummingbirds and ducks and we will walk through typical Polylepis forest and can enjoy the view towards the valley. We reach the Yanacocha lake and spend the night nearby at 3750 m.
(If we arrive at the lake early we may continue for another 2 ½ hours up to 4000m at the foot of the Chicon mountain. We can camp nearby and like this we only need to walk downhill the next day, to get back to the valley.)
day 2: YANACOCHA – YUCAY – CUSCO or OLLANTAYTAMBO:
After breakfast we walk another 45 minutes up towards a lookout point. Here we enjoy the great view of the Sacred Valley. After a short break we start our descent to the village of Yucay. On the way we can also see the town of Urubamba. Upon arrival in Yucay we have lunch. Our van is waiting for us to take us back to Cusco or to Ollantaytambo.
In Ollantaytambo we can take an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu extension).
- Price per person (min. 2 persons): 320.00 US$
- Price per person (min. 4 persons): 290.00 US$
2 - 8 persons
- Private transport Cusco – Huayo Kari – Cusco (or Ollantaytambo)
- professionel english speaking Guide
- horses to carry food and camping equipment as well as max. 5 kg personal luggage
- horsemen, emergency horse
- Camping equipment (tents, mats, tables and chairs)
- Cook and all meals during the trek (till lunch of day 2), snacks
- First Aid Kit
- sleeping bag (can be rented at our office in Cusco)
- drinking water (partially)
- alcoholic drinks
- extension to Machu Picchu, but can be arranged (day 3)