Choquekirao Trek4 days
This trek takes you to one of the last retreats of the Incas: Choquequirao (3.033 m). The Choquekirao complex is situated above the impressive Rio Apurimac Canyon. You will see spectacular scenery as well as Andean flora and fauna. Highest point: 3033 m.
- Salkantay Trek 4 days
- Lares Valley Trek & Machu Picchu 4 days
- Choquekirao - Machu Picchu Trek 8 days
- Choquekirao Trek 4 days
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 days
- Yanacocha Trek 2 days
day 1: CUSCO - CACHORA - PLAYA ROSALINA :
4:30 am pick up from your hotel and travel to Cachora (aprox. 4 hours by private bus, 3100m). While we are having breakfast the crew is packing the horses for the trek. On this day we walk 22 km, first going down, then a little uphill, passing Abra Capuliyoc, from where we have a great view of the Apurimac Canyon. Then we have a flat part near Coca Masana (2250m) to finally descend to playa Rosalina on the banks of the Apurimac River, the main tributary of the Amazon River. Campsite at 1550 m. (In some occasions we may spend the first night in Chiquisca (1900m)).
day 2: PLAYA ROSALINA TO CHOQUEQUIRAO RUINS :
After an early breakfast we start walking. After crossing the bridge the trail climbs up on the opposite mountain, first through Opuntia plantations and later through cloud forest. The trail is steep but with great views, we arrive to the camp around 3 pm. The ruins are just next to the camp so we start exploring them after arriving. The view of the canyon is spectacular; with a little luck it is also possible to see Andean Condors soaring in the mountains. Campsite at Choquequirao, 3033 m.
day 3: CHOQUEQUIRAO – PLAYA ROSALINA :
In the morning, after breakfast, we have another opportunity to see the ruins. Our guide can also take us to the terraces with llamas made of stones. We then start our way back down towards Santa Rosa, where we have lunch, and then further on to Playa Rosalina. If the river situation is appropriate we can enjoy a refreshing bath in the turbulent waters of the Apurimac River. Alternatively we can camp in Chiquisca a little bit further.
Please contact us for prices and availabilty !
2 - 6 persons
- private bus transportation Cusco - Cachora - Cusco
- english speaking professional guide
- double - tents and mats, tables and chairs
- cook and cooking equipment
- horsemen and horses (to carry tents, food & cooking equipment and 5 kg luggage p. person)
- emergency horse
- entrance to Choquekirao ruins
- all meals till lunch of day 4, boiled water for drinking
- First Aid Kit
- sleeping bag (for rent at our office)
- walking sticks (optional)
- micropur (purifying tablets) for water (optional)
- extra horse for personal luggage
We also offer a 5 day trek to Choquekirao, for those who would like to have a full day to explore the ruins.
Please contact us for details : [email protected]