Visit the best rainforest destination in the Amazon from Cusco! with Amazon Trails Peru – your Specialized Manu Tour Operator since 2002!
Come with us on a trip to the Manu rainforest, a hotspot of biodiversity. Manu offers ideal conditions to observe wildlife such as Giant otters, Caimans, Tapirs, Monkeys, Macaws, Toucans and on some occasions our groups spot Jaguars!
We offer 5-day to 8-day tours from Cusco to Manu National Park and to the Manu Biosphere Reserve. Short tours to the Cultural Zone of Manu are also available.
Why choose Manu ?
- Manu is one of the few places with pristine rainforest and ideal conditions to observe wildlife including rare and endangered species. You can observe Giant River Otters, Tapirs, 6 species of Macaws, 13 species of monkeys, Toucans, Caimans, Sloths, 3 species of Anteaters and even the Jaguar! Manu holds a record in high biodiversity: 200 mammal species and more than 15000 species of flowering plants have been identified. Over 1000 bird species also make the region a great destination for birdwatchers.
- Manu National Park protects different ecosystems from 4000m all the way down to 250m : Andean Grasslands (Puna), Elfin and Cloud Forest (on the Manu road) and Lowland Rainforest The overland journey from Cusco gives you a comprehensive experience of the rainforest ecosystems – an awesome and unique trip.
- Manu is home to various indigenous tribes; some of which live in isolation and have no contact with ‘civilisation’. On some of our tours you will have the opportunity to meet the Machiguenga Indians.
- Manu gives you the best chances to see a big variety of animals within a reasonable amount of time and money. If you are looking for a real rainforest experience Manu is your best choice.
Amazon Trails Peru - what we offer :
- Amazon Trails Peru has over 10 years of experience organizing reliable and quality Manu tours. ATP is authorized to operate tours to the Manu Biosphere and to the Manu National Park (Reserved Zone). We offer small groups of maximum 8 visitors per guide and itineraries are designed to maximize your chances to see animals.
- We have a team of experienced & enthusiastic, professional English-speaking guides, all equipped with powerful spotting scopes and animal identification books on the tours. An excellent guide is essential to a rewarding Manu experience!
- Our Manu tours utilize our own vehicles, boats and lodges. Lodges are located at strategic points in Manu, which is essential for successful wildlife observation, One of them is the Maquisapayoj Private Reserve, which has its own tapir clay lick.
- We focus on environmentally friendly practices when organizing our tours and work with local people for all tours (Manu and treks). We also stay at Casa Matsiguenka in Manu, a lodge run by the Machiguenga Indians to support their communities.
- Read more