Huchuy Qosqo Trek2 days
This trek takes you from Cusco over the Puna highlands and down to the Sacred Valley.
It’s a trek with typical andean landscape, including the visit to the arqueological site of Huchuy Qosqo.
- Salkantay Trek 4 days
- Lares Valley Trek 4 days
- Choquekirao - Machu Picchu Trek 8 days
- Choquekirao Trek 4 days
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 days
- Yanacocha Trek 2 days
day 1: CUSCO/ Sacsayhuaman to PUKAMARCA :
We pick you up at your hotel at 7 am and take you to Sacsayhuaman, where we meet the horses and horsmen. Today we walk about 6 to 7 hours, hiking uphill up to 4000m and to the village of Pukamarka. On the way we enjoy spectacular views. We walk through puna grassland with potatoe plantations and pass by two lakes: Suyllo Cocha and Qori Cocha, where we may see the Andean Gull, Neotropical Cormorants, Puna Teal und Mountain Caracaras. On the grassland we also find grazing lamas and sheep. In the afternoon we follow the river to reach Pukamarka (3100 m) where we set up our camp. At the edge of the village we can see some original Inca walls.
day 2: PUKAMARKA to LAMAY and CUSCO or OLLANTAYTAMBO :
After breakfast we continue for about 1 ½ hour to Huchuy Qosqo. Leaving Pukumarka we walk through an impressive gorge with wooden bridges. Further down we can already see the terraces of Huchuy Qosqo. Arriving at the site, the guide will explain about the ruins and the inca culture. From here the view over the Sacred Valley is fantastic. After exploring the site we start the descent towards the village of Lamay, which takes about 2 hours. Our van is waiting for us to take us back to Cusco or to Ollantaytambo.
In Ollantaytambo we can take an afternoon train to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu extension).
- Price per person (min. 2 persons): 305.00 US$
- Price per person (min. 4 persons): 280.00 US$
2 - 8 persons
- private bus: Cusco – Sacsayhuaman, Lamay – Cusco (or Ollantaytambo)
- english speaking, professional Guide
- entrance fee to Huchuy Qosqo
- all meals (till lunch of day 2), boiled water for drinking
- cook and cooking equipment
- camping equipment (quality double tents and mats, dining tent, tables and
- horses to carry food, cooking- and camping equipment & 5 kg of personal luggage p.p.
- emergency horse
- First Aid Kit
- sleeping bag (can be rented at our office in Cusco)
- drinking water (partially)
- extra horse for personal luggage
- extension to Machu Picchu, but can be arranged (day 3)