Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu2 days
This is the short and easier Inka Trail, starting from km 104 and taking you to Winay Wayna.
Guided tour of Machu Picchu on day 2.
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
day 1: CUSCO – WIÑAY WAYNA - AGUAS CALIENTES :
Pick up at your hotel at 4:30 or 5 am and transfer to the train station, where we board the train that takes us to km 104. Throughout the route we can appreciate colourful landscapes, surrounded by mountains and local settlers making their daily labour in the fields. After 3 ½ hours we arrive at Km. 104, starting point of our trek. At the beginning we visit the archaeological complex of Chachabamba, afterwards we continue, ascending the footpath towards Wiñay Wayna, where we arrive in approximately 4 hours. After a visit with our guide we continue our route to Machu Picchu and Aguas Calientes, where we spend the night at a Hostal (DWB).
Meals: Box lunch Walking time: 6 hours.
- double room & private bathroom
- box lunch
day 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU - CUSCO :
After breakfast (5:00 am) we walk up to the ruins (1 h 15 min) or may take the bus to Machu Picchu (the ride takes 25 min). Arriving at the sanctuary we have a guided tour with our guide for about 2 ½ hours. Afterwards we still have free time to explore on your own or to climb Wayna Picchu (extra ticket needed) or walk to the Inka bridge. Afterwards, we walk down to Aguas Calientes through cloud forest (45 minutes) for lunch (not included) and to take the return train in the afternoon. Arrival and transfer to your hotel.
- Price per person: 450.00 US$
2 - 8 persons
- Hotel pick up & transfer to the train station
- Train ticket to km 104 and return from Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu (2 days)
- Bus up to the ruins (one way)
- Professional English speaking guide
- First Aid Kit, Oxygen
- Meals: 1 box lunch and 1 breakfast
- Accommodation: DWB in a Hostal in Aguas Calientes
- Transfer to your hotel
- Breakfast & dinner on the first day
- lunch on the last day
- entrance to Wayna Picchu (+ 70 US$)