Salkantay Trek4 days
This trek takes you over a high pass (4500m) close to the impressive Salkantay mountain and then down through cloud forest to Aguas Calientes. On day 4 you visit Machu Picchu.
- Trek al Valle de Lares & Machu Picchu 4 days
- Salkantay Trek 4 days
- Lares Valley Trek 4 days
- Choquekirao - Machu Picchu Trek 8 days
- Choquekirao Trek 4 days
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 days
- Yanacocha Trek 2 days
day 1: CUSCO - MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – ARAYANNIYOJ :
We pick you up 4:30 am from your hotel and travel by bus to the village of Mollepata; from there we continue uphill to Soraypampa, end of the road. Here we meet the horses and horsemen. After breakfast we start walking uphill towards the pass at 4570 m , with beautiful views of the snow capped Salkantay Mountain (6240m). Then we descend on the other side of the pass and in the afternoon we camp at Arayanniyoc, 3600 m.
day 2: ARAYANNIYOJ TO LUCMABAMBA (PLAYA) :
After breakfast we continue our trek downhill via Colpapampa and towards Lucmabamba following the Rio Santa Teresa valley. On the way down we pass through spectacular scenery, with waterfalls and surrounded by snow peaked mountains; going down in the valley the vegetation starts changing with many orchids, begonias and many different varieties of birds. Camp at Lucmabamba at 1950 m.
day 3: LUCMABAMBA (PLAYA) TO AGUAS CALIENTES :
On this day we continue downhill passing through different plantations like coffee, banana, yucca and passion fruit. After Lucmabamba we climb up to Llactapata (2700m) for around 3 hours, where we can visit a small Inca site and we can appreciate the impressive Machu Picchu on the opposite slope of the mountain. We then descend to the Rio Urubamba. The chances for seeing Toucans, Andean Cock of the Rocks, Quetzals, Hummingbirds and Torrent Ducks are good. We have lunch and then follow the Urubamba River to Aguas Calientes. If you are tired there is the option to go to Santa Teresa and through the Urubamba Valley, which is easier and you may take a car and train from Hidroelectrica to Aguas C. In the afternoon we arrive to Aguas Calientes town (2100m). Night in a hostal (DWB).
- double room & private bathroom
day 4: MACHU PICCHU AND RETURN TO CUSCO :
We meet our guide early to walk or drive up to the archeological complex. Once inside we start with our guided tour (2 – 2,5 h). Afterwards we have free time to explore on our own or enjoy the views, maybe climb Wayna Picchu. In the afternoon we return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to the Sacred Valley or Cusco, transfer to your hotel.
- Price per person: 626.00 US$
2 - 8 persons
- private bus to Soraypampa
- English speaking guide for the trek and Machu Picchu
- horses for food & equipment and 5kg personal luggage per person + emergency horse
- camping equipment (double tents and mats), dining tent, table and chairs
- cook & all food till lunch of day 3, boiled water for drinking
- entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- First Aid Kit
- one night hotel in Aguas Calientes (DWB) including breakfast
- train ticket ´expedition` from Aguas Calientes to Poroy or Ollantaytambo and transfer to Cusco
- sleeping bag (can be rented at our office in Cusco)
- drinking water (partially)
- entrance fee to Wayna Picchu (18 US$ p.p.)
- dinner and lunch in Aguas Calientes
- extra horse for personal luggage