Lares Valley Trek4 days
This trek is a very scenic and diverse Andean Trek. You pass through natural forest and by andean lakes and also climb two passes with spectacular mountain views. Highest point 4500m.
- Trek al Valle de Lares & Machu Picchu 4 days
- Salkantay Trek 4 days
- Lares Valley Trek 4 days
- Choquekirao - Machu Picchu Trek 8 days
- Choquekirao Trek 4 days
- Huchuy Qosqo Trek 2 days
- Yanacocha Trek 2 days
day 1: CUSCO - HUARAN TO CANCHA CANCHA :
6:00 pick up from your hotel to take you to the beginning of the trek at Huaran (3000m asl) in the Sacred Valley; it is 1 ½ hours by private bus. We pack the horses and start to walk northward, the trail climbs gently following the Cancha Cancha river towards the community of the same name. On this walk along the river we will see cultivated fields and pass through old Polylepis forests; this type of vegetation is very interesting for bird life like Hummingbirds, Flycatchers, Tit tyrants and the valley itself is very impressive. The walk today is around 5 hours, we will spend the night in tents at 3800 m asl next to Cancha Cancha village.
day 2: CANCHA CANCHA TO QUISHUARANI :
After an early breakfast we will continue up hill. This will be the hardest day of the trek because we will pass the highest point of the trek: the Pachacutec Pass is at 4540 masl. The view from here is overwhelming, we have the Pitusiray and Sahuasiray snowcapped mountains right in front of us. Descending into the valley we pass by several glacial lakes. On this day we can see herds of alpacas, llamas and sheep, it is also possible to see Gray Brocket Deer, Viscachas, Andean Goose, the rare Giant Coot, Puna Hawks and the impressive Andean Condor. This night we camp at 3900 m asl close to Quishuarani village with typical stone houses.
day 3: QUISHUARANI TO CUNCANI TO LARES AND OLLANTAYTAMBO :
Today we follow another valley and climb up to the second Pass at Willcaccasa mountain, 4458 m asl, for about 3 to 4 hours. Again the view of the Andes, turquoise lakes and its beautiful valleys are impressive. We walk downhill passing by some lakes. We walk for about 1½ to 2 hours till we arrive at Cuncani village at 3900 masl. From here we continue downhill towards the Lares Valley and its hot springs where we can have a well deserved bath. Our bus will be waiting for us to take us to Ollantaytambo train station in the afternoon. Here we catch a train to Aguas Calientes. Reception upon arrival, night in a Hostal (DWB) in Aguas Calientes.
- double room & private bathroom
day 4: MACHU PICCHU AND RETURN TO CUSCO:
We meet our guide early to walk or drive up to the arqueological complex. We have to get our tickets checked at the entrance. Once we are inside we start with our guided tour ( 2 – 2,5 h) of the site. Afterwards we have free time to explore on our own - maybe climb Wayna Picchu (seperate entrance needed) or enjoy the views. In the afternoon we have to return to Aguas Calientes to take the train back to the Sacred valley or Cusco, transfer to your hotel upon arrival.
- Price per person: 636.00 US$
2 - 8 persons
- private Bus: Cusco – Huaran, Lares – Ollantaytambo, train station - Cusco
- english speaking, professional Guide for the trek and Machu Picchu
- all meals (till lunch of day 3), boiled water for drinking during the trek
- cook and cooking equipment
- quality double tents and mats, tables and chairs
- horses to carry food, cooking- & camping equipment and 5 kg of luggage per person
- emergency horse
- First Aid Kit
- train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes and back, transfer to Cusco
- one night hotel in Aguas Calientes (DWB) including breakfast
- entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- sleeping bag (can be rented at our office in Cusco)
- drinking water (partially)
- entrance fee to Wayna Picchu (18 US$ p.p.)
- bus up to the ruins (optional, 13 US$)
- dinner and lunch in Aguas Calientes
- extra horse for personal luggage
We also offer a shorter 3 day Lares Trek with Machu Picchu,
please contact us for further information: